Monday, August 3, 2020

Something Tasty This Way Comes

When I got home from my walk this morning, Donna was out harvesting some basil and mint. Yum. I know I'll be having something good to eat pretty soon.

Basil and mint all mixed together.

We're still looking for rain. We just can't seem to get any. In looking at the forecast this morning, it looks like another week of triple digit temps for us. Well, it's supposed to be hot in August. One more full month of this, and then in September the temps will start easing a bit. We usually get some rain in September as well, so we'll just hang on until then.

There was a pretty nice sunrise this morning, much prettier than what my picture below shows. I probably waited too long to snap the picture, but I was trying to get to a place where there was a clear view. 

I was at the entrance when I snapped this photo. That is a podiatrist's office in the photo.

Near the end of my walk, I came across this little stinker. He seemed to be minding his own business; still, I prefer not to encounter these little rascals in our community.



We continue to stay close to home keeping busy. We put puzzles together, read books, and do lots of crosswords. Late last week, Donna asked me to make some meatballs to go with her spaghetti. Well, I made a batch and enjoyed them. I don't think Donna cared for them; she ate just enough to be polite and not hurt my feelings. That's why Donna does most of the real cooking around here . . . and that's a very good thing!

The latest puzzle we have done. Our clubhouse has quite a collection, so we are keeping busy with them.


You folks be careful out there. There are lots of morons wandering the streets these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment