Saturday, August 8, 2020

Good Morning!

I usually walk 2 days, then take the next day off. Today (Saturday) was a day off. So, I awoke, made a cup of coffee, and headed out to the back patio to enjoy the cool morning, if you can call 80 degrees cool. But there was a slight breeze, and that made it pleasant.

I was watching the sun rise just a bit north of east from my location. Although armed only with my phone camera, I decided to snap a series of pictures over a span of less than 3 minutes. People who don't rise early and/or don't venture outside probably have no idea just how quickly the sun rises above the horizon in the morning -- or sets in the evening, for that matter.

Below are a few pictures I snapped. The time stamp only shows minutes, not seconds, so I don't know precisely when each picture was snapped. However, the first was taken at 7:06 while the last was snapped at 7:09. I would estimate that less than 2½ minutes total time elapsed from the first picture to the last. I have not included every picture I took.

Sun not visible here -- just light from it.
Sun begins to poke above the treeline.
Sun is more than halfway above treeline. Probably only 30 seconds have elapses since previous picture.
Sun is fully above treeline. 



No comments:

Post a Comment