You can probably gather from the title that life is the same for us. The temperatures are hot -- exceeding 100 degrees essentially every day -- and we continue to spend most of our time at home.
![]() |
| I snapped this picture the same morning as the sunrise photos in my previous post. You can see some color in the sky in the background. Can you see the little hummer coming in for some food? |
![]() |
| Here's a zoomed in version of the little hummer as he approaches his breakfast. |
We did get out a bit last week. One morning, we ventured the half mile from our front gate to pick up curbside groceries at our H.E.B. After we brought our groceries home, we then needed to run out to pick up some prescriptions at our pharmacy. It was then that I noticed the warning light on our car indicating that at least one of our tires was low. I parked at the pharmacy and checked all the tires and discovered that our right-rear tire was a few pounds low. I slowly inched forward while Donna watched the tire to see if she could detect anything in it. Sure enough, old eagle-eyes spotted a nail or screw.
I really didn't want to go to a regular tire shop to fix the tire because I just wasn't confident that any of them would be observing the necessary COVID precautions. So, I decided to just go to our Toyota dealer, and I'm glad I did. I buy Toyota because the cars are well made and the service departments are very reliable. I've not been disappointed yet with the service I've received at any Toyota dealer.
I pulled up to the service department and a masked service rep came out and processed me. An employee immediately came out, put a cover over the driver's seat and disposable mat in the floorboard, and took the car in to work on it. Donna and I did not want to wait in the customer area, so we strolled the lot looking at cars and deciding which one we'd buy next. We were even entertained for a while watching a truck unload some new cars. I had always wondered exactly how that process worked -- moving ramps from top level to lower level -- and we were able to see the procedure in full. Pretty interesting.
When the tire was fixed, the car was brought to us, the seat cover and floor mat removed, and we were ready to go. I asked how much I owed and was told there was no charge. I do love being a Toyota customer.
And that was the highlight of our week. Oh, we did complete another puzzle. One piece was missing, but that's alright. It was fun. We've started another one, and I guess we'll keep on putting them together until this pandemic thing is over.
![]() |
| Our latest puzzle. Note the missing piece near upper-left corner. |



Hey! I have that same puzzle! How much are you willing to pay for that missing piece?
ReplyDeleteGuess we've been lucky. We check puzzles out from the clubhouse in our community, and this is the first that has had a missing piece. I enjoyed your Colorado Bend hike report. Wife and I did a short hike there April 2019. Good country.
ReplyDelete