I've not posted in about 10 days. There just simply isn't anything worth writing about. It continues to be hot and dry, with daily temps in excess of 100.
But that may soon change.
There is a good chance of some rain falling in the area over the next week, and temps should drop to the mid 90s. In fact, we even have a couple of days with highs in the 80s being predicted. Let's hope so. The countryside is parched, and lawns are really showing the stress, especially with our necessary water restrictions in place. And I won't even get into how the ranchers are struggling.
Courtney and her gang of juvenile delinquents came down for a visit last week. I'm really beginning to feel old. Eldest grandson Xander has taken -- and, surprisingly, passed -- his written driver's test, so the young fellow is armed with a learner's permit. I don't know about you, but I certainly plan to stay off the roads now. His father has been giving him some practice time. I don't know when he takes the test to get his actual license. It's hard to believe he is that old. Perhaps we can make him our designated driver on some outings before too long.
Donna and I went to our local Cinemark last week to see Mission Impossible -- Fallout. Boy, these movies are certainly exciting. To be honest, though, I just get tired of the ridiculousness of the choreographed stunts. I'd certainly like to see more realism coming out of Hollywood. Now, just as I say that, I must confess that today we are going to see Christopher Robin. Yeah, we're just a couple of big kids, but we do love the Winnie the Pooh stories. We especially love the song "Return to Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins. It's such an innocent and magical song. We'll probably be the only childless adults in the theater, but that's quite alright.
Classes resume next week in SAISD (San Angelo Independent School District). Two-a-day workouts started this week, and the local newscasts are covering all the local teams. Although it is still hot hot hot outside, fall just isn't that far away, just a month and a half or so. Bring it on. It is certainly my favorite season of the year. And I love when the kids go back to school. There is less congestion on the roads and in the stores. It is really a great time to travel.
And I hope Donna and I will be traveling again very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment