I'm beat. Donna and I just returned from a 6 night trip to East Texas and Louisiana. Over the next week or so, I'll post some reports of the different places we went -- along with pictures, of course -- but for now I'll just give you a general overview of the entire trip.
We left early last Sunday (Aug 12) and headed east to Bossier City and the Horseshoe Casino. From Goldthwaite on east, we ran into numerous storms, some with very heavy rain.
We spent the next 3 nights at the 'Shoe and really had an enjoyable time. Donna lost a wee bit, and I actually came out a few dollars ahead. Since our room was comped, we felt good about the whole thing. We had some nice meals while there, but I'll write about those in another entry.
From Bossier City, we headed south to the Paragon Casino in Marksville, LA, which is about 30 miles southeast of Alexandria. We had never been to this casino, so this part of the trip was all new to us. We had passed through some of this country about 10 years ago, but we didn't stop anywhere.
After 2 nights at the Paragon, we began our journey home. We made it only as far as Hillsboro before giving out, and spent the night there.
Upon returning home, we discovered our refrigerator had gone out, causing us to lose quite a bit of food, not to mention a mess to clean. Fortunately, that is the fridge that our HOA is responsible for. They will probably replace it as I doubt it can be fixed. We have our own personal fridge which we keep in the laundry room, so we are using it for now.
I do not know how much rain we received in Angelo during our absence, but I know some rain did fall. Upon looking at the lake level for O.H. Ivie Reservoir, I do not see that it has improved significantly. Unless my source is wrong, I guess rain didn't fall in the right places to drain into the lake. But it is raining as I write this, though not much. But any rain out here is good rain, so I'm thankful for what we get.
This was our first trip in several months, and it was good to get away. Of course, it is always good to get back home. Donna, however, is ready to go again right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment