We have a chance of more rain for the next week or so. I'm hopeful we'll get those drenching rains over several days that we so desperately need. Our main resource lake -- O. H. Ivie -- is currently at 14% capacity or so. That's pretty low. Since the lake is located about 50 or more miles to the east, it takes a while for the waters to get there. I'll be watching to see if the lake levels rise.
We had errands to run this morning, and it was good to see water standing in ditches, in the arroyos, and other places where water collects. Of course, now our white car is filthy. I've not had to wash it for several months since we've had no rain.
Even though I recorded almost 2 inches of rain at our house, the official collection point -- Mathis Field -- recorded less than an inch for the same time. The airport is only about 3 or 4 miles from our house as the crow flies, but they only received half the rain we did.
We are grateful.
![]() |
| What a pretty picture! |
![]() |
| I caught this picture of some pretty purple sage a week or two ago. The picture does not do the actual color justice. |
![]() |
| Our neighbor across the street has good color in her yard. I like the mix of the yellow and orange shades. |
![]() |
| I caught this hawk sitting in a tree top a couple of mornings ago. I think he was following me. |




No comments:
Post a Comment