I hope all of you had a good Thanksgiving. We did. To be honest, though, I'm glad to put it behind us. I love the holiday season, but I also love getting back to normal. I've always been a person of routine, and if I get out of my routine for too long, I get a bit restless and uncomfortable. So, I'm back on routine until Christmas.
 |
| Lovely fall tree on Pinto Path, near the entrance to our subdivision. |
 |
| Same tree as above, but from the other side. |
So now the kids are all back in school, businesses are open at regular hours again, and all is good for a few weeks. The kids came down Thanksgiving morning in time for a big meal. Later that evening, Courtney and husband Michael braved the crowds and went out for a couple of hours of shopping. They survived and even found some good deals.
 |
| Gammaw and her boys. Jensen on the left is naturally photogenic. Camden on the right was a bit upset, as older brother Xander had just disciplined him by taking away one of his toys that was being abused. |
We are slowly getting back into our routine, but Donna is doing quite a bit of Christmas shopping. There's not much to do as we don't exchange gifts with anyone other than the kids, so she should be near the bottom of her list by now. At least, I hope she is. Those credit card receipts are piling up!
We had lab work done last week, so for the remainder of this week we will be visiting doctors every day. We have tried to schedule our visits to coincide during one week each year. That makes things a lot easier. Also, should we ever decide to RV it again, then we just have to return to San Angelo one week each year.
We hope to get out to see a movie or two later this week, and I've been wanting to get down to the local bowling alley for a game. But downtown San Angelo this time of year is a fun place to be, and we should probably plan to spend a few hours walking those streets soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment