![]() |
| Beautiful sunrise earlier in the week. |
Monday was warm but overcast. Late in the day, a front blew through, dropping temperatures. Rain began falling after dark and continued until almost dawn Tuesday. We received just over an inch of rain. Our high on Monday was in the mid 70s, but the high on Tuesday was about 30 or 35 degrees lower. Parts of the Concho Valley received a wintry mix, but we only had rain, and we were very grateful for it.
Donna played cards at the clubhouse on Tuesday, then I joined her mid-afternoon for a come-and-go social honoring the staff of Rio Concho West. Our folks work hard for us, and we do appreciate what they do. It's nice to have an opportunity to let them know how much we appreciate their efforts.
A beautiful full moon appeared Wednesday evening. I snapped a few shots. I wish I had a better camera with a more powerful zoom lens. Perhaps Santa will bring me one this year. I rather doubt it, as I'm told I've been something of a trouble-maker this year, so I won't hold my breath.
![]() |
| Moon above the eastern horizon Wednesday evening. |
![]() |
| Rising moon as seen through our oak tree. |
![]() |
| Moon just over neighbors' houses on the other side of the clubhouse. |
We saw two movies this week. The first was A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. This was really a good movie based on a real experience in the life of Fred Rogers. It's nice to be able to go to a movie and not have to put up with the vulgar language that Hollywood seems to think is necessary in movies these days. As usual, Tom Hanks did a great job, but every once in a while, his inner Forest Gump came through.
Our second movie was Jumanji: The Next Level. We enjoyed this movie as well, but were a bit disappointed with the unnecessary use of language, especially the GD term.
Christmas is approaching, and Donna is getting in holiday mode. She made lots of sausage balls this past week. They were mighty good. She took a batch to bingo yesterday, and they were gone by the break. I wonder what she'll make this week.




No comments:
Post a Comment