In my last post, I mentioned that we hit 105 degrees near the end of April. Now it is early May, and we've just endured a stretch of triple digit temps. On Friday (May 1), we edged towards 100 degrees, but fell short. Beginning on Saturday, we surpassed 100 degrees 3 days in a row, reaching 106 on this past Monday. It's simply too early to be hitting those temps. I enjoy warm weather, but I don't care for hot weather. Once it gets over 95 degrees, I become uncomfortable. I've enjoyed the days of sitting on our patio any time of the day, especially in the afternoon, but with warmer temps, we'll only be able to go out early morning and in the evening.
We went shopping 3 times last week, our first trips inside stores in more than a month. We ended up going to Sam's Wholesale Club twice and the Home Depot once.
I felt very comfortable at Sam's. All employees were wearing masks and gloves, and cleaning was going on constantly. We used the self checkout aisles, and clerks there were standing by to wipe everything once we left. Our experience at Home Depot was just the opposite. The only employee wearing a mask was the young lady who greeted us at the entrance. None of the other employees wore a mask, gloves, or anything of the sort. Customers were no better; I only saw one wearing a mask.
I do not plan to return to Home Depot; I find their approach to conducting business at this time to be very irresponsible. I believe we can reopen many of our businesses, but we must all use common sense and good sanitary practices. It appears our local Home Depot doesn't believe in this.
Back to the weather . . .
It has been such a windy spring this year. Normally, wind doesn't pick up until afternoon, but this spring, the wind has been blowing -- and blowing hard -- when we rise in the morning. Yesterday, I planned to walk as soon as I got out. I rose, got ready, stepped out on the patio, then came back in. The wind was blowing steadily at 20 mph and gusting to about twice that. Not pleasant at all. And it has been like that quite a bit this spring.
Today is very pleasant. After our hot streak, I got out this morning to 51 degree weather and walked. I was a bit nippy, but there was no wind. I'll take that any day. I had a pleasant walk, and everyone I met said the same thing: "Isn't it great that the wind isn't blowing?"
I hope things are great where you are . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment