Saturday, September 21, 2019

Still Hot and Dry

I had hoped with the approach of the official start date of autumn that the heat would begin to fade away and a few rains would appear. That has not happened so far. We have even had some more triple digit temperatures recently, and every day has been above 95. The nights are not even cooling off. Pastures are brown with the lack of rainfall. It's a bit depressing, to say the least.

Then there's the upper Texas Gulf coast. Tropical depression Imelda (or however it is classified when you read this) has certainly been a strange one. It more or less just appeared out of nowhere it seems. And then, unlike normal tropical storms with high winds, this is mostly just heavy rain. Those poor folks were just about to get over Harvey when this thing moved in. I wish we could relieve them of some of their rain; it would certainly help all of us out. If I lived in that area, I think I would seriously consider a move inland some place.

Not much is going on with Donna and Keith these days. The old woman has added a new game day over at the club house, so now she is going 3 or 4 days each week. It certainly is peaceful around the house when she is gone. This week, she spent an afternoon fishing, so I got a bonus day of peace and quiet.

For right now, there just isn't anything else worth mentioning. We basically are just waiting for cooler weather to come along so we can make a trip somewhere.






No comments:

Post a Comment