Thursday, September 5, 2019

Meanwhile, Back at RCW

Whenever we take a trip, it always takes a while to get caught up once we return home. Now, after being home for about 10 days, I'm just about caught up on everything.

It's been a pretty busy 10 days.

First, I wanted to write all those blog entries about Ruidoso before I forgot what we did. I'm getting to the point in life where details seem to slip away rather quickly.

We've also had some visitors. Our broker, who has become a very good friend over the 30 years or so we've been working with him, stayed over one night. We enjoy visiting with him so much. He is a real easy guest to entertain: he's quiet, he picks up after himself, and he's low maintenance. And we were able to take care of some business while he was here.

Daughter Courtney and her 3 offspring came for an overnight visit as well. I think they enjoy their visits here, as it gives them a chance to be in a decent sized city for a while. They currently live in a very small town, so getting to San Angelo or Midland or other towns of size is a real treat for them. Eldest grandson Xander enjoys all the dining opportunities in town, especially sushi.

Donna and I have been keeping an eye on Dorian for several days. Brother Larry and his wife Nancy live on Florida's east coast, so they have the pleasure of riding out storms such as this from time to time.

And Donna becomes more and more immersed in the social life of RCW (Rio Concho West). She's involved with a gang now, and they play Hand and Foot ( I call it Hoof and Mouth because it really seems like a disease) at least twice a week for several hours. It seems to be a pretty serious game. There are usually only one or two shootings or knife fights during their games, so they keep things pretty tame.

The heat continues here. We are not experiencing triple digit temps every day like we did in much of July and August, but we still have several days each week over 100. But fall is only about 2 weeks away now, so good times are ahead.

Keep cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment