Sunday afternoon, the temp reached 87 degrees in my neck of the woods. This morning, it was 39 when Donna and I came to life. The high today is expected to be 42. What a difference a day makes.
We've been having lots of rain lately. On Saturday, we received nearly 2 inches of rain in the morning. This morning, it poured for a short time around 6:30, and we expect more as the week progresses.
Yeah, the weather is really making life interesting these days around here, and that is good. I enjoy seeing changes in weather. And although I'm not crazy about cold weather, it does make you appreciate those warm, sunny days. I enjoy nippy weather, the kind that makes you put on a light jacket when you go out for a walk. Cold weather makes for a cozy home, with a good pot of homemade soup simmering on the stove.
We drove around the state park yesterday morning, but it was far too foggy to make out much.
 |
| This is the boat ramp near the dam. All you can see is the water line at bottom and then fog. In normal weather, you would be able to see across the lake in a photo like this. |
 |
| The bison seemed to like this weather, as they were roaming about near the road. |
 |
| For those of you who have never had a good look at a bison, I give you this fellow, who posed along the fence line. |
 |
| Not to be outdone, these three jack rabbits were scampering about atop Pulliam Ridge. |
 |
| I snapped this shot from atop Pulliam Ridge, looking north. The ground below gradually fades away in the fog. |
 |
| As we came down from Pulliam Ridge, I took this photo of Burkett Trailhead. |
On to other things . . .
Donna received a jury summons a few weeks ago. She was to report this morning. I thought that odd. Instead of Donna sitting on a jury, I always thought it should be the other way around -- you know, a jury sitting in judgement of Donna. Really makes you question our legal system, doesn't it? Anyway, I'm glad her panel was cancelled since the rain really poured this morning.
 |
| Back in our neighborhood, we saw these turkeys just up the street from our house. |
We had a pleasant dinner at the club last week. Entertainment was provided by a solo member of our local symphony, and she played numerous songs that were winners from the early days of the Grammy awards. Those were some good tunes. At every meal, Donna and I sit at a table with folks we don't know, so we are constantly meeting new folks, and that is fun. I can't figure out why folks only sit at our table once, then never again. I think it probably has something to do with Donna, but I'm not sure. After all, everyone knows what a pleasant and affable people person I am, and I'm also a superb conversationalist. Yeah, it must be Donna.
After eating burgers for lunch at our favorite local Whataburger, Donna and I drove around Spring Creek Park, which lies along the shores of Lake Nasworthy. I snapped the pictures below there. By the way, it was only 40 as we drove around the park, and there was a light mist. Earlier this morning, we received almost an inch of rain. Needless to say, it was wet and cold out there.
 |
| The Twin Buttes in the background, with Lake Nasworthy in the foreground. It's difficult to tell in this picture, but the wind was blowing quite hard, and mist/vapor was blowing across the water. |
 |
| If you click on this picture to enlarge it, you can probably see a couple of feet of mist/vapor above the surface of the water. That is one of the Twin Buttes rising above the treeline in the background. |
No comments:
Post a Comment