We're about halfway through winter now. I always like when seasons change, so I'm looking forward to some warmer weather.
I'm not complaining, though. Sure, we've had a bit of snow this winter, and we've had some really chilly days. But overall, it has been rather mild. In fact, the past week or more has seen daily highs in the 60s or higher, and very few freezes at night. I know winter is still here, though, and it looks like another cold spell is coming our way. The local forecast this morning showed that on Sunday (Feb. 14) we would have an overnight low of 3 and a high of 12 degrees. Now, that forecast will probably change over the next few days, but it looks like we are going to have a real wintry blast. Let's hope we have no moisture then.
I like being outside, though, so I like my days to be 65 or higher. I like to walk, putter about the yard, or just sit on the back patio and watch the world go by.
Several days ago, Donna and I loaded all of our recyclables in the back of our RAV4 and headed to the recycling center. We usually go about once a month. Our recycling items seem to be changing. We have very little aluminum these days -- I guess Donna has finally reduced her beer consumption -- but we have much more #1 and #2 plastics than before. Most of the #2 plastics are milk jugs; I'm a big milk drinker. We also have a number of tin cans. As a result of the pandemic and Amazon orders we have placed, we have also had quite a bit of cardboard to recycle.
Our tax records have been pouring in. I'm gathering them and will take them to our accountant sometime in March. I'm always happy to get that event in my rear-view mirror.
![]() |
| Our latest puzzle is "Venice". This is actually a picture of the box; the picture I snapped of the finished puzzle just didn't come out well. |

No comments:
Post a Comment