Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Onward


I'm a bit late in wishing all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR for 2021. How time flies! 

I wanted to share some snow pictures with you. We just don't get that much snow in San Angelo. Now, daughter Courtney and her crew about 80 miles northwest as the crow flies seem to get a lot more. I guess the I-20 corridor is more or less the dividing line. As you move north from there up through Lubbock and the Panhandle, snow is much more common. Court said she got close to a foot of snow (if I remember correctly, which I often don't). We only had an inch or so in Angelo. I'm not complaining, though, because altogether we received right at an inch of moisture in my rain gauge. I'll take it! 

Light snow falling

Street in front of our house.

Normally, I take down Christmas lights on New Year's Day. However, on this New Year's, it was cold and wet, so I waited until Sunday (Jan 3) to take down the lights. First, I took a short walk, only 2.33 miles. When I returned home, I pulled out the ladder and got busy. Gosh, it is so much easier to take those lights down than to put them up. The day was sunny and the wind was pretty gentle, so it was a good day to get this done. Wow, going up and down that ladder gets harder and harder on these old legs. I'm thankful I can still do it, though. The holidays are now officially in our rear-view mirror! 

These turkeys were moving through the yard recently, and I happened to catch a shot while one had his tail feathers up.

This old boy was strutting his stuff through our yard late yesterday.

I came across these turkeys while on my walk yesterday. The one on the roof was really talking up a storm. I guess he was trying to get his buddies on the ground to join him on the roof. As soon as I passed, he swooped down to the ground.

Here is a close-up of the mouthy turkey on the roof.

Donna and I are on the road to normal. On Monday morning (Jan 4), we took the first of our 2 shots of the Moderna vaccine. We will go back in one month to get the second shot. I've seen the news where people have been waiting overnight in line in Texas and Florida; I'm so thankful to live in the community where we live. Everything was done for us. We just drove over to the clubhouse, got in line, sat down at the next available table, then the nurses came to us. We were there all of 40 minutes or so. The shot was very easy, much less painful than the flu shot or the recent pneumonia shot I received. After the shot, we were directed to a waiting area for a short amount of time to ensure there were no nasty after-affects. A day later, I can report that I suffered no after-affects at all, but Donna's arm hurt quite a bit for a couple of days.

Our new washer arrived this past Saturday. I have to give credit to Best Buy; they really did a good job. First, I received not one, but two calls the day before delivery reminding me of the upcoming delivery. I also received an email that day. Then, on the day of delivery, my phone notified me of an email. It was Best Buy, telling me they were on the way. No sooner had I opened the email than my phone rang. The delivery person told me he was on his way and should be there in 6 minutes. True to his word, he pulled up about that time. He and his partner unloaded the washer, removed it from its box, brought it in, hooked it up, tested it, and ran a test cycle for us. They loaded up the old washer, then road away into the sunset. Good service!

Donna got busy and began washing. It took her a couple of days to catch up on all the dirty laundry that had piled up. It's nice to have a washing machine again.

So, life in our household is getting back to normal in several ways. I hope all of you can see some light at the end of the tunnel as well.

As always, be smart and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment