Monday, April 20, 2020

Up and Down Weather

You know the old saying: "If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait a few minutes and it'll change."

That seems to be what is happening in our neck of the woods. One day it's sunny and pushing 90, the next it's overcast and 50. I had gotten used to walking about 6:30 each morning with the temp about 60, then woke one morning to the mid-30s. Good excuse to crawl back into bed.

The wind has really been a mess. We've had some really high gusts, in the 50 to 60 mph area. And we've had some days when the wind held steady at 25 and 30 mpg. It just isn't pleasant to get out on those days. We had some rain forecast over the weekend, but it never came. This week, the temps are back to the mid to upper 80s -- or higher -- and there really isn't a good chance of rain.

Miss Donna's plants took a pretty good beating during the hail storm about 10 days ago. The pepper plants really were battered; I don't know that they will recover, but we'll try to save them. The tomato plants suffered some damage as well, but they seem to be a bit hardier. In fact, one plant has a little tomato the size of a nickel trying to survive. All of the other plants seem to be doing well.

I just love the vibrant red of this rose.

I've snapped several shots of Donna's yellow roses, but they all seem to be a bit washed out. I've used 2 different cameras with the same results. Still, their shape is gorgeous!
The pink roses are lovely as well.
We continue to isolate, but things are looking up around here. We've had no new cases of COVID-19 reported in almost a week. Now, I realize that an outbreak can occur at any moment, but still, it's nice that things have leveled off, at least for the time being.

We continue to count our blessings. I know this entire scenario has been so difficult, not only for those who have suffered with the virus itself, but for those who are out of work and live paycheck to paycheck. I can't even begin to imagine how young people are coping with the situation. If I was 17 and stuck at home with my parents for a long time, I'd probably go stir crazy.

You folks stay safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment