As this week comes to a close, lots of places are shutting down. There is no longer any indoor dining at local restaurants, but drive thrus are still open as well as take out, curbside service, and deliveries. To date, San Angelo has not had a case of the virus. In a news report Friday, statistics were provided that indicated 68 people in town had been tested, and the results of 11 tests were negative. 57 tests are still being processed. On Saturday, the number grew to 108 tested, 22 negative results, and 86 pending. The only reports of the virus in the larger area are 1 each in the towns of Lubbock, Brownwood, Midland, and Crane. I've no doubt that we will see the virus here in time, so I expect things to get worse before they get better.
All activities at our RCW clubhouse have been suspended for the duration. Fortunately, all of the employees are still on site. Local grocery stores are still open, though most have altered their hours. Walmart will have a "senior hour" this coming week, so I guess we'll venture out to pick up some goodies.
We are trying to be good team players and do as the authorities are requesting/ordering. I hate that there are those out there that post rants on local media complaining about restrictions. Now is not the time to pitch a childish fit; now is the time to work together. But some folks can only think of themselves. It doesn't matter which side of the political aisle you prefer, in times like these you work with those in authority to make the situation better.
Donna and I have enjoyed the good weather and have spent some time working in the yard. On Saturday, we were surprised with a rainy afternoon that netted us about half an inch. We've had a pretty wet 2020 so far. The ground has remained moist for the most part and things have greened up nicely. But with Saturday's rain came a cool front, dropping daytime temps to the mid 40s. It began warming again yesterday (Sunday), and this week will see temps in the 70s and 80s. Nice.
Below are some pictures of Donna's handiwork in the beds. I don't have any handiwork to show -- I just pull weeds.
![]() |
| Donna created a little herb condo here, with sage, dill, and other goodies. |
![]() |
| Last fall, Donna really cut back her roses, and they are now putting on new growth. I expect them to do well this year. |
![]() |
| This is the bur oak tree in our front yard that we trimmed way back in the fall. It has some nice new growth, and I think it is really going to do well this year. |
![]() |
| Here is that same bur oak in a picture taken almost a year ago, but from a different angle. You can see how the lower limbs needed pruning back. |






No comments:
Post a Comment