As recently as this past August (2018), our main resource lake, O. H. Ivie, was at a mere 14% of its capacity. Since that time, we have had some timely rains that have really improved our lake levels. Below is a chart of the lake levels as of this morning (May 5, 2019).
![]() |
| Source: Water Data for Texas |
As you can see, we've jumped from 14% in August to a current 58.9%. We have slight chances of rain for almost everyday of this upcoming week. These levels are the healthiest we've seen since we returned to the area in 2011. It's comforting to have such healthy levels, as a long term drought can set in at any time.
Temperatures have been pleasant, mainly because of the overcast days. The nights are warming, though. Donna continues to work in the yard; admittedly, I'm not helping much. I just can't seem to get interested.
Right now, the old girl is off to Lake Nasworthy on a fishing expedition. The fish had better beware.
We tend to lead pretty boring lives these days. As a result, I haven't much to write about. Hopefully, we'll hit the road soon and then I'll have something to post.

No comments:
Post a Comment