We've gotten back on schedule at the gym. It always feels good to work out after a break. We missed almost 2 weeks at the gym, so we were careful not to overdo things on our return. Still, I have noticed some soreness, especially in my abdominal area and in my arms.
We had a couple of beautiful days this week. The temp rose to the 80s or so with clear skies and very little wind. We got out one day and did some yard work. I trimmed the hedges in front, swept out the garage and front porch, and trimmed around the drive and curb. Our landscape crew will do this later, but they probably won't start mowing for another couple of weeks or more, and I wanted to spruce up the place a bit. Donna pulled some weeds out back, then I trimmed along the back side of the house. It was good to be out in the sun working. We do miss yard work.
On Wednesday, Donna and I boarded the Rio Concho West "Geezer Bus" and joined other inmates for a trip to the airport. Our activity director decided to take us to the Chinese restaurant at the airport for lunch. Donna and I had eaten there before and were not overly impressed. After this recent trip, I doubt I'll be eating there again. But as I've said before, we go on these lunch trips not so much for the food but rather to socialize with our neighbors. A bus goes to the Manor once each week for lunch, and then once a month we try to go somewhere else. This month, we'll go to Golden Corral.
Wednesday evening, a cold front blew through and dropped the temp from about 80 to the 40s in about an hour or so. The cold continued all day Thursday and into Friday morning, when we had a light mist and fog. Then it warmed up enough that we were able to sit out again on Friday afternoon. We woke to cold and mist this morning (Saturday). A real cold front will blow through Sunday night, dropping temps to the teens before sunrise Monday. Hopefully, this will be the last really cold snap of the season.
We got the first of our 2 shots for shingles on Thursdays. Boy, those shots do hurt. Miss Donna doesn't like any type of shot, so she really did a lot of biting and scratching with this one. We probably will have a law suit filed on us this time. Later that day, my arm really began aching and continued through the night and well into the next day. We have to go back in 2 to 6 months for the second shot. I'm sure that will be fun.
We continue to see evidence of spring around the corner. I'll leave you with a few pics.
![]() |
| To be honest, I'm not sure what this tree is. I've always though it was a Texas mountain laurel. It is just outside the gym. |
![]() |
| This tree is just down the street from us. Is it an ornamental pear? |
![]() |
| And this is the same as the above, also on our street. |




No comments:
Post a Comment