Not much happening with Donna and Keith these days. Yep, seems we are getting boring. Most of you would say that I've been boring most of my life.
Does the wind ever stop blowing in West Texas? I doubt it. Calm days are rare out here. But I can't complain with the weather lately. We've had some good temps. Wednesday almost reached 80, and Thursday actually climbed into the lower 80's. I just wish we could get some rain. I think I heard on the news the other night that we now have about 20 months or so of water in our lakes. Now, things aren't quite that dire for us, as San Angelo wisely purchased some property about 60 or 70 miles east and developed wells there. But we only use that option when the lakes dry up. Still, it would be nice to get some good sustained rains that replenish our lakes. At least we aren't in as much peril as South Africa. My heart goes out to those folks.
Donna and I had a nice Valentine's lunch at Red Lobster. I really enjoy eating there. The place is always clean, the service good, and the environment very pleasant. I love their Cheddar Bay bisquits, their Caesar salad, and their baked potatoes. What I like least about the place is their seafood, and I think that is really because I just don't enjoy seafood that much. Still, I get a seafood craving from time to time, and in West Texas, there aren't many seafood options.
We've had some new eateries open in town lately, and we've tried to sample them. About a month ago, Panda Express opened about a mile from our home. We enjoyed a nice meal there about a week after it opened. More recently, Taco Bueno returned to San Angelo after an absence of several years. Their new place is actually on the north side of town, a fair distance from our home. The place was really busy and the folks there were still working out the kinks. I enjoyed the food, but I didn't care for all the activity. Teriyaki Grill will be opening soon, and Jimmy John's just opened a sandwich place about a mile from our house. San Angelo continues to grow.
Also heard about a proposed interstate coming through town. San Angelo is the largest town in Texas not served by an interstate. The interstate being discussed would roughly follow US 190 and US 87, and nothing is definite yet. In fact, nothing may come of this at all, and even if it did, there's a good chance Donna and I wouldn't even be around at that time. Still, you have to plan for the future whether you will be in that future or not.
Keep us in your thoughts. We have a chance of rain over the weekend and into next week. Just maybe . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment