Saturday, December 23, 2017

Meanwhile, Back at RCW

Christmas is sneaking up on us. I hope all of you are ready. We are. Daughter Courtney and her merry band of terrorists will come barreling down to see us a few days after Christmas. That means Donna and I spend Christmas alone. It also means I have more time to ponder the impending invasion. It's kind of like when you get sent to the principal's office and s/he makes you wait . . . and wait . . . and wait. Just makes the torture worse, doesn't it?

We've had some rain, followed by some beautiful weather. Early in the week, we had about three-quarters inch of rain. A couple of days later, we had temps in upper 70's and even the lower 80's. Wow! It was really nice, so I made sure to get some walking in. We went to the park one day for a short walk of almost 4 miles, then the next day I walked just over 4 miles in our neighborhood.

Sunrise at Rio Concho West
Same direction, but zoomed in a bit and a few seconds later.
In the previous post, I mentioned our annual outing to see Christmas lights. After the drive around town, we stopped in for a light supper at Chile's. Back in the 1990's, we frequently ate at this Chile's on our shopping trips to San Angelo when we lived in nearby Ozona. But we don't eat there much anymore, and I'm not sure why. Donna enjoyed her tortilla soup while I really liked my Quesadilla Explosion Salad.

Turkeys came through our yard shortly after the sunrise.
On Friday, a cold front moved through. Temperatures hovered around 40 for most of the day. What do you do on a cold day? You go to the movies. Donna and I drove to our local theater and caught Downsizing, the new Matt Damon film. The movie let out about 3:30, and we headed over to our local Olive Garden for a late afternoon lunch. Nice day.




No comments:

Post a Comment