I started thinking about all the places we've hiked in Texas and decided to make a list. As I continue this blog, I'll post reviews of trails when we hike them, and I may even post reviews of past hikes.
As best as I can remember, here are the trails in Texas we have hiked so far. Links are provided. The list is in alphabetical order.
- Atlanta State Park
- Bastrop State Park
- Blanco State Park
- Caddo Lake State Park
- Caddoan Mounds State Historic Site
- Cleburne State Park
- Daingerfield State Park
- Davis Mountains State Park
- Dinosaur Valley State Park
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
- Fairfield Lake State Park
- Fort Boggy State Park
- Four C National Recreation Trail
- Goliad State Park and Historic Site
- Hill Country State Natural Area
- Huntsville State Park
- Lake Bob Sandlin State Park
- Lake Mineral Wells State Park and Trailway
- Lake Somerville State Park and Trailway
- Lost Maples State Natural Area
- Martin Creek Lake State Park
- Meridian State Park
- Mineola Nature Preserve
- Mission Tejas State Park
- Monahans Sandhills State Park
- Monument Hill and Kreische Brewery State Historic Sites
- Pedernales Falls State Park
- San Angelo State Park
- Seminole Canyon State Park and Historic Site
- South Llano River State Park
- Tyler State Park
- Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site
![]() |
| Keith at trail junction on Four C Hiking Trail |
- Big Bend National Park
- Caprock Canyons State Park and Trailway
- Colorado Bend State Park
- Devils River State Natural Area
- Fort Richardson State Park, Historic Site and Lost Creek Reservoir State Trailway
- Government Canyon State Natural Area
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Hueco Tanks State Historic Site
- Lone Star Hiking Trail
- Palo Duro State Park
- Trail Between the Lakes
![]() |
| Donna on boardwalk over swampy area in Hunstville State Park |
If you've never done any hiking, consider it. Hiking is one of the cheapest and most rewarding outdoor activities you will find.
I hope to see you on the trail.


No comments:
Post a Comment