Sunday, April 30, 2017

This West Texas Weather

I'm sure most of you have heard the old adage. Some attribute to West Texas specifically, others attribute it to Texas in general, and still others claim it for the part of the country (U.S.A.) where they live. In short, it states that if you don't like the weather, just wait and it'll change. That seems to be true for the San Angelo area lately.

We topped out at 96 degrees on Friday. Yesterday, we got no higher than 72, and this morning it was in the low 40s when I got up.

And that wind!!! I don't know that it will ever stop blowing. Now, I'm used to the wind blowing in West Texas, but most of the time, we can expect mornings to be fairly calm with the wind picking up in the afternoons. That has not been the case recently. Now it seems that the wind blows hard round the clock.

We could surely use some rain. As I've indicated in other columns this year, I have a fear that we may be heading back into a drought cycle after the past 3 or so years of good rain. I hate to see that for our area lakes are not anywhere near full, though all do have at least some water at present. The lack of rain combined with this constant wind just dries everything out.

But I keep hoping for that good rain. Maybe it will come one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment