Monday, April 24, 2017

Nature Photographs

Nothing to write about in this entry. I just wanted to share some recent nature photographs from the area.

Donna and I spotted the prairie dog family below on a recent drive around Lake Nasworthy.


On a recent drive through San Angelo State Park, the road runner below was just moseying down the park road in front of us. He finally veered to the left off the road and flew into a tree. He allowed me to get this quick photo before he disappeared into heavier brush.


We were disappointed to find that the little fishing pond at the state park is drying up. On a recent hike, we noticed that the area downstream from the pond was much drier. I do not know if the pond is spring fed, but that would be my guess. Folks have enjoyed fishing out here, so I hate to see it dry up.

People who don't really know the desert often criticize it, saying it is bland and ugly. I heartily disagree. If you know when and where to look, there is a great deal of color, all the more beautiful because of the environment. Below is a cluster of prickly pear cactus, with some yellow cactus rose flowers in full bloom.






No comments:

Post a Comment