Sunday, December 18, 2016

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

What a great time of year! The older I get, the more I appreciate the holiday season. I love seeing the Christmas colors.

The season truly begins for us at Thanksgiving. This year, we got our outside lights put up while the kids were visiting for the annual Thanksgiving orgy of food. Eldest grandson Xander helped his old grandpa hang a few lights.

After the kids left, Donna began putting up the tree and getting out all the inside decorations. We switched our television to the Christmas music channel, and we've been celebrating ever since. Houses around the community have been lighting up. The maintenance crew from RCW (Rio Concho West) will hang lights for residents upon request, so almost everyone seems to get into the act with a few lights.

The kids came this past weekend for an early Christmas. We have to share them with Courtney's in-laws, so next year we'll get them closer to Christmas Day.

To make it even more seasonal, a very cold blue norther roared through late yesterday. One minute, the temp was comfortably in the 70s. Then the wind picked up, leaves began blowing down the street, and the temperature fell rapidly. When I arose this morning, it was 18 degrees outside, and the high today is expected to be 33. Tonight, the low is expected to be 17, rising to a high of 39 tomorrow. Then it will begin warming a bit, but the nightly lows will stay around the freezing mark. That's just too cold for me. But I'm so thankful we are not in the travel trailer for this cold spell.

Donna and I bought a new grill. It is a Weber Spirit 210, a propane grill. I tested it yesterday and believe it will work fine. I'll take more pictures after it warms up, but for now, here is a picture I downloaded.

Weber Spirit E-210 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill (Featuring the Gourmet BBQ System), Black

The kids will leave later today, then Donna and I will stay put for a couple of weeks until we get past New Years. Then we'll look at taking a trip somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment