Friday, October 14, 2016

The Rain, the Park, and Other Things

We’re at Lake Brownwood State Park now. I’ve reported on this park before, so I’ll not do that again. If you are interested, you can simply search my blog for those previous entries.

We arrived yesterday and got everything set up. We then drove around the park and were delighted to see the lake way up from our last visit. It really looks good. And the grass is still green.

We turned in early last night. About 10:30, it began to rain. It was one of those nice, gentle rains that make you enjoy being in an RV. The drops pittered-pattered on the roof, lulling us to sleep. There was no thunder or lightning, just a nice easy rain. Now, as dawn approached, it was still raining, and there was some thunder then, but it was not loud or threatening. The rain finally stopped about 8 or 9. I looked out and saw that the slab our picnic table sits on was under water.


We are in site 72. By this time, most of the water had drained off the slab. With the natural slope, it seemed that all the water just settled in our site.
But the sun came out by 11 and the rest of the day was really nice. After lunch, Donna grabbed her fishing gear and headed to her favorite pier while I just took it easy at the trailer. I cleaned off the picnic table area, then read a book.

Since today is Friday, the weekend crowd soon began arriving. Our campground is now full, I believe. Donna and I built a small fire as the evening settled into darkness, then watched the full moon rise in the east.
The fire felt good as darkness fell and temps began to drop.


It was a good day at Lake Brownwood SP.
This centipede shot out from under my chair while I was reading.

This tree was about 20 feet away. From that distance, it looked like a growth on the tree. When I got closer, I saw that it was a lizard. It blends well, doesn't it.

This dillo turned and ran when he saw my ugly face.






No comments:

Post a Comment