Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Spring Creek Critters

As I've indicated in a previous post, we're currently staying at Spring Creek Marina and RV Park on the shores of Lake Nasworthy in San Angelo, Texas. I posted entries on this park back in 2011 and 2012, so I've not posted any this time. Below are links to my previous entries if you care to read them:
With the new management, the park is much better run than when we stayed here in 2011 and 2012. From Monday through Thursday, it is really a pleasant place to stay, but once the weekend arrives, things get a bit wild. This is, after all, the "Oasis of West Texas." People from all over West Texas come here to enjoy the lake, the shade, and the grass, things relatively rare in West Texas.

I really enjoy watching the animals at Spring Creek, and you can see some almost every day. Below are some pictures I recently snapped.

During one of my walks, I spotted this cactus growing about 8 or 10 feet above the ground in the fork of a tree.

I spotted these deer early one morning near the park's entrance.

This confused deer thinks it is a turkey.

Black squirrels are not that common, but they are along Spring Creek. I've seen them along the creek all the way from Mertzon and Sherwood (about 25 to 30 miles west of Angelo). They seem to be as numerous as regular squirrels in the park.

We leave here tomorrow. Our home for the next week will be an RV park in Junction, Texas, one of our favorite small towns in Texas.

I'll see you down the road.





No comments:

Post a Comment