Sunday, February 1, 2015

We Survived -- Barely

The little monsters have returned to their home, and Donna and I are still breathing, but just barely. The little guys were pretty rough on us this time. They kind of act like tag-team wrestlers. One will come into the ring and work us over for a while; in the meantime, the other one will rest up. Just as we think we're getting control of the situation, they tag and fresh blood comes into the ring to work us over. It's a pretty constant battle. I'm thankful Xander is so easy going; of course, he's getting older all the time. He really is a big help with his little brothers. He's so agreeable and willing to help out.

Jensen is a happy baby. It doesn't take much to make him smile. Almost anytime a new face pops into view, he smiles. He really would like to crawl to follow his brothers around, but he can't quite get the hang of it. He can sit up from a lying position all by himself, though, and he does sort of wallow around a bit. We'll see him again in March, and I expect he'll be scooting around all over the place then.

Camden is the handful of the Trio of Doom. He's tireless, and he's into everything. He has no fear of anything. If he could, he'd climb up on the roof and jump off. You have to watch him constantly, and he's very, very quick. Take your eyes off for a moment, and he'll surprise you. This morning, I rose from my chair to take a book to my bedroom. It took all of 5 to 10 seconds. As I came back into the room, he had already climbed into my chair (which he knows he's not supposed to do) and snatched my glasses from the table beside the chair. He was crawling off the chair when I returned, just in time to save my glasses. Of course, then the little con artist acted like he was bringing them to me.

I snapped the pictures below that show well the difference between the two little ones. They are really night and day. Unfortunately, the pictures I took of Xander did not come out well; they were quite blurred.

This is how Jensen looks most of the time; he's just happy to be doing anything.
Sheriff Camden, looking quite serious as usual. He was really engrossed in something on the television at this time.

When the little ogre noticed I was snapping his picture, he gave me this look of disdain. Note the lower lip, which has been his trademark since birth. He's really a no nonsense type of guy. I'm kind of scared of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment