Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was our anniversary. Me and the old lady done been married for 37 long, long years, but I guess I'm a gonna keep the old gal a little bit longer. I reckon I have to; no one else could put up with her. Goodness, where has the time gone? It seems like such a short time ago that we were walking down that church aisle after saying "I do."

I wanted to do something nice for Donna on our anniversary, so I took her out to the state park for a hike. You can't say I don't know how to treat a lady. It was good to see water in O. C. Fisher after our recent rains, and we saw lots of little critters, too: a prairie dog, 2 lizards, an armadillo, and numerous birds. The yellow prickly pear roses were blooming, too, and we always enjoy seeing them this time of year.

After our hike, we decided to drive around Lake Nasworthy. The low-water crossing over Pecan Creek was closed due to debris on the roadway (tree stumps and limbs, for example), but it was nice to see Nasworthy full again. We also drove atop the dam for Twin Buttes and saw that there was some water once again in both pools as well as the connecting channel.

After sufficient time to allow water to settle, I'll post the total results of our rains and how our lakes have been affected.This was not a drought-breaking rain, but it surely was a welcome rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment