Saturday, December 14, 2013

Hanging in There

We've not been doing much lately, so I haven't really had anything to post.

The kids are coming this Friday and will spend a couple of days with us. Since they spent Thanksgiving with us, they will spend Christmas with Michael's family. After the holidays die down, we hope to get back to traveling.

Donna and I have both been a bit under the weather for the past 2 weeks. Combined with the really cold weather we've had, we just haven't wanted to do much. But things started warming up this past week and we started getting out a bit.

We had 2 disappointing meals at local restaurants this week. First, we visited Los Panchitos near the river and got their lunch fajitas. I had beef and Donna had a combination. I hate to be critical, but they were absolutely the worst fajitas I have ever had. There was no fajita seasoning, no grill taste, and the quality of the meat was very poor. We also didn't care for the rice and the side of queso we ordered, though we did enjoy the chips and salsa.

Our second poor meal was at Lone Star Cheeseburger, which really is just a trailer parked on a lot near downtown. There have been numerous positive reviews of this place, and they bill themselves as making the best cheeseburgers in Texas. Again, we were disappointed. First, the meat did not taste like 100% beef; Donna and I both detected a pork, or sausage, taste. We also didn't care for the fries. I'm still in search of  that basic traditional burger in San Angelo; at this point, the fast food places do the best job in town. I'll keep looking.

Aside from a bit of grocery and Christmas shopping, that's about all we've done. The forecast for this week shows temps in the 60s and even reaching 70, so we hope to get out to the park for a good walk, maybe even a hike.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a very happy and satisfying New Year.


1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm prima. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger

    too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Prima

    ReplyDelete