Saturday, April 27, 2013

Places to Go

Do you have a bucket list? I suppose I do; at least, I have a list of all the places I want to see while I still wander this planet. I've never really considered it a bucket list, but I suppose that is what it truly is. My bucket list is probably quite long, and includes places from all over the country: Mount Rushmore, the giant sequoias of California, New England in the fall, Canyon de Chelly, and many, many others.

In the last couple of days, I've added a new destination to my list, the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum in Dallas on the campus of SMU. The opening and dedication of the library has been in the news the past few days, and it was attended by all living members of the "Presidents' Club".

About 3 years or so ago, Donna and I visited the George H. Bush Presidential Library and Museum on the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. I've visited the LBJ Presidential Library in Austin on the campus of the University of Texas on several occasions. Since Arkansas is not too far away, I hope to visit William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum in Little Rock, Arkansas, one of these days.

I enjoy these presidential libraries. They really give insight into their respective administrations. The newest library will, I'm sure, be especially interesting as regards items relating to the terrorist bombings of September 11, 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment