Sunday, September 23, 2012

Beaver KOA

After a day of hard travel, it was good to pull into the Beaver KOA in Beaver, Utah. If I had known this park was so good, we might have scheduled to stay here a few more days to tour the area. But we're bound for Vegas now, and we don't have time to stay here long.

Office
The park provides all the amenities, such as full hookups, propane, laundry room, showers, cable TV, and secure WiFi. Everything was in top shape and very clean. I can't say enough good about the facilities, nor about the service. I needed propane, and the manager came to my site to get my tank, filled it, then returned it.

Sites are all pull-through, at least all the ones I saw. There are a handful of cabins, and space for tenters. There is a playground for children and a pool; however, the pool was already closed up for the winter.

The location is on the north edge of town, so it is very quiet and peaceful.

All roads and sites are gravel, which is my only complaint. I prefer internal roads to be paved, though gravel sites are fine. And since this park is low traffic, the gravel roads were not a problem at all. Several sites did have patches of grass, and many have nice shade trees.

Nice shady sites with the Tushar Mountains in the background


No comments:

Post a Comment