Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Good Eats: Smokey Mo's BBQ

On a recent visit to Conroe, I was craving barbeque. Although Donna is not a big BBQ fan, there are some items on most BBQ menus that she enjoys, so it didn't take a lot of arm twisting to persuade her to join me.

I wanted to try Smokey Mo's, a place I had never visited before. There is a location at Interstate 45 and Teas Nursery Road (FM 3083) on the northern edge of Conroe, and we stopped in there.

Smokey Mo's is an Austin-based chain; actually, the original restaurant is located in Cedar Park. There are currently 11 locations, and all are in the Austin/San Antonio area except for 1 in Willis and 1 in Conroe.

I enjoyed my meal. I ordered the brisket/sausage combo with sides of pinto beans and cole slaw. The brisket was good meat and fell apart on my plate. The sausage was the Central Texas German style, with a touch of heat, but certainly not overbearing. It is my favorite type if sausage. Both sides were tasty. Donna ordered half a chicken, and the meat was juicy and tasty. A condiments bar provided onions, jalapenos, and pickle slices.

Best of all, prices were reasonable. My combo was $8.95 while Donna's chicken plate was $7.95.

The place is certainly on my radar now, and I'll stop in again.


No comments:

Post a Comment