Sunday, June 12, 2011

Good Eats -- The Grill, San Angelo, Texas

We stopped in at The Grill earlier this week. Food at The Grill is described as "eclectic southwest style cuisine". That's an appropriate description.

Located at 5769 Sherwood Way near Sam's Wholesale, The Grill is locally owned and operated. The place is a bit on the noisy side, but I'm probably a bit more sensitive to noise than many people. It is also a bit dark inside, and Donna and I both had trouble seeing the menu.

But the food is good.

I ordered the marinated steak tacos. Lightly marinated and mesquite grilled cuts of sirloin are presented on small corn tortillas, with charred pasilla sauce. Although I enjoyed the tacos, my favorite part of the meal was the black beans and white rice. The dish was also served with a scoop of guacamole.

Donna enjoyed the Mexico City Enchiladas, which consist of fresh roasted chicken, jack cheese, and 
enchilada sauce. As with my dish, her enchiladas were served with guacamole and black beans and rice.

The Grill is a bit pricy. Our two dishes, with tip, cost almost $30, which is a bit steep, I think, for lunch. But the food was good and we look forward to visiting The Grill again and trying something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment