Thursday, June 2, 2011

Good Eats -- CC's Smokehouse, Nacogdoches, Texas

Donna and I were passing through Nacogdoches last week, and I was in the mood for a hamburger. We decided to stop at CC's Smokehouse, located at 2709 Westward Drive on the loop. I had stopped there once before with a couple of colleagues from work and had enjoyed a good hamburger then. The test of a really good hamburger place is getting a good burger a second time. I did.

Burgers at the Smokehouse are ½ pound. I'm not a big meat eater, though, so the size is not what I like about these burgers. What makes these burgers good is how they are put together.

I like a burger where the meat is slightly charred on the outside.

I like buns to be heated on a flat grill.

I like all the ingredients to be pile on neatly, not just thrown on. We've all had those burgers where you get 3 pickles, but all of them are stacked together instead of being spread around so that you eat all of them in one bite, or 2 slices of tomato are stacked on top of one another. At the Smokehouse, the burger is built with ingredients distributed appropriately so that you get a bite of everything in every bite.

If you happen to be on the loop in Nacogdoches, give the Smokehouse a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment